NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: Director@cadylibrary.org
SUMMER READING STARTS THE WEEK OF JULY 13th!!
COVID-19 restrictions and accommodations
We encourage those who are unvaccinated or feeling unwell to sanitize and wear a facial covering. Thank you for your patience and flexibility.
The Cady Library of Nichols NY will have the following events this summer:
- Tuesday, July 13th @ 6:00pm K9 Officer Demonstration
- Wednesday, July 14th @ 10:00am Therapy Mini-Horses
- Thursday, July 15th @10:00am Tanglewood Presentation
- Wednesday, July 21st @ 6:00pm Painting with Cassie (All Materials Included.)
- Thursday, July 22nd @ 10:00am Dirtmeister Science Camp
- Tuesday, July 27th @ 6:00pm Waterman Center
- Thursday, July 29th @ 10:00am Raptor Presentation
- Tuesday, August 3rd @ 6:00pm Angel Eyes Animal Rehabilitation
- Thursday, August 5th @ 10:00am Dog Training with Sam
- Saturday, August 7th @ 10:00am Painting with Cassie (All Materials Included)
- Tuesday, August 10th @ 6:00pm Raptor Presentation
- Thursday, August 12th @ 10:00am Waterman Stream Safari
- Thursday, August 19th @ 6:00pm Therapy Mini-Horse
The Cady Library was established in 1941 in memory of the parents of Dr. George M. Cady who donated his mansion to the town of Nichols to be used as a library. In 1975, the building, which dates back to the 1820’s was listed in the State and National Trusts for Historic Preservation. Learn more from our interview http://www.wicz.com/story/35145024/cady-library-a-page-of-nichols- history
Services Include: Book and other media loans, access to genealogy information, access to streaming media content, internet and WiFi usage, printing, copying, faxing, scanning, and homework/research assistance!
**NO COLOR PRINTING AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. We apologize for any inconvience.
We are located directly across from the Community Bank & Dollar General; Nichols Town Hall is located in our carriage house to the right rear of the mansion.
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday 2:00-5:30pm
*Additional Hours May Be Added to Accommodate Special Events
Director: Corinne Moshier
(Circulation desk, all event planning, financials/ordering, all cataloging)
Substitute Librarian: Frank Okrasinski
Assistant : Katie Weidman
(Circulation desk, I.T.,)
Assistant: Kathryn Fisher
Substitute Clerks: Mary Boyer
Suspended for the time being.
Summer Reading Events
Awarded grant, planning in progress.