NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: Director@cadylibrary.org
SUMMER READING STARTS THE WEEK OF JULY 13th!!
COVID-19 restrictions and accommodations
We are open for:
– Pick up/Drop off of materials; by window, to vehicles, or in our lobby.
– We are willing to accomodate our patrons in the manner that makes them most comfortable, but all patrons are welcome to come browse freely.
– Open use of our facility with masks, social distancing, temperature checks, and contact tracing.
– Persons who are fully vaccinated may attend events and enter the facility without facial coverings.
– 30 minute appointments to use the computers.
It is HIGHLY recommended that you contact us ahead of time to schedule pick-ups and appointments, we will try our best to be as efficient as possible if you arrive for access or pick up without notice.
The Cady Library was established in 1941 in memory of the parents of Dr. George M. Cady who donated his mansion to the town of Nichols to be used as a library. In 1975, the building, which dates back to the 1820’s was listed in the State and National Trusts for Historic Preservation. Learn more from our interview http://www.wicz.com/story/35145024/cady-library-a-page-of-nichols- history
Services Include: Book and other media loans, access to genealogy information, access to streaming media content, internet and WiFi usage, printing, copying, faxing, scanning, and homework/research assistance!
**NO COLOR PRINTING AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. We apologize for any inconvience.
We are located directly across from the Community Bank & Dollar General; Nichols Town Hall is located in our carriage house to the right rear of the mansion.
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday 2:00-5:30pm
*Additional Hours May Be Added to Accommodate Special Events
Director: Corinne Moshier
(Circulation desk, all event planning, financials/ordering, all cataloging)
Substitute Librarian: Frank Okrasinski
Assistant : Katie Weidman
(Circulation desk, I.T.,)
Assistant: Kathryn Fisher
Substitute Clerks: Mary Boyer
Suspended for the time being.
Summer Reading Events
Awarded grant, planning in progress.